Another recipe from my current favorite cookbook.
1 lb. ground beef
2 29 oz cans tomato sauce
8 oz package of lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1. Spray interior of the cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Brown the beef.
3. Stir in tomato sauce. Mix well.
4. Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker.
5. Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce. (You may need to break them up so they fit nicely).
6. Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the cheeses over the noodles.
7. Repeat the layers twice.
8. Top with remaining sauce.
9. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
Makes 6-8 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart
I also added onion to my hamburg. Next time I'll also add some Italian seasoning and add a sprinkle of cheese to the top about a 1/2 hour before it's done cooking. For a healthier option, consider using ground turkey. I also used reduced fat mozz and fat free cottage cheese.