Friday, October 23, 2009


Mama's Meatballs

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef (I use 80%)

1 tsp garlic

1 onion, chopped

4 slices of bread

1 Tbsp Italian seasoning

½ cup breadcrumbs

2 eggs

Olive oil

2 jars of spaghetti sauce

Directions:

1. Whisk eggs and break up bread slices into egg.

2. Add the remaining ingredients, except olive oil and spaghetti sauce, and mix together well.

3. Heat olive oil in pan.

4. Shape beef mixture into meatballs and add to pan. Cook until done.

5. Add meatballs and spaghetti sauce to crock pot. Simmer on low until you are ready to eat!

This recipe is a slight variation of one my MIL emailed me. You could also use 1 lb ground beef and 1 lb pork. I usually double the recipe and freeze most of the leftovers. In our house, Friday night is meatball night and it saves me the cooking process every other week. Plus, the hamburg is cheaper when you buy it in bulk!

No comments:

Post a Comment