Friday, October 23, 2009

Giving credit where credit is due

A few of my recipes are from family, now that I actually ENJOY cooking I hope to acquire more of these.

Other recipes are from the internet. Some of my favorite sites are listed here on the blog. Kraft Foods has many (easy) delicious recipes. I often frequent their site when I just have no idea what to make for the week. Simply Recipes I ran across when surfing the net. Some of the stuff is fancy and I have no idea what some of the ingredients are, but it's fun to try new things every once in a while. What We Eat belongs to one of my real life friends who I get a lot of recipes from because she realized her love of cooking way before I did! Spark Recipes is my favorite (almost always) healthy recipe site. It's the one I always use after I have my babies and need to start watching my diet again or when Hubby decides he wants to be on a health kick. If I post a recipe from one of these sites I will include the link so you know where to find the original and to give credit where credit is due!

There are a few crock pot books that are good ol' standbys for me. Then there are the Hungry Girl cookbooks that I don't use a lot, but swear someday I will. When I post one from these books I'll let you know where they are from and how you can find it.

Other recipes I've gotten one way or another and can't remember from the life of me where they originated. If you see one on the blog and know where it originated, please let me know so I can give the creator credit and let others know where to find it!

I like to play with recipes; add a little of this, add a little of that... but I'm not the kind of girl that just goes to the kitchen, takes stuff out of the cupboards and starts cooking (unless I know the recipe by heart, but that's just not the same). I feel like my grandfather is that kind of cook. He's sort of one of my kitchen idols because he is the first person I knew who LOVED being in his kitchen. He still does to this day. He makes everything from appetizers to desserts and they are usually pretty kick ass... except the carrot loaf I distinctly remember from Easter one year, but I digress... Two other people I have learned a lot from are my mother and mother-in-law. My Mom is an awesome baker. She made my wedding cakes when I got married. I feel like she could bake pretty much anything and it would be awesome. My mother-in-law helped shaped my appreciation for cooking for my family. Every meal at her house is like Thanksgiving and I just fell in love with her the moment I met her. She was a stay-at-home mom too and before I had kids I never understood how she could ENJOY cooking every meal for her husband and two sons, or how she could ENJOY housework and yard work... but I am starting to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment