1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
½ cup milk
½ cup applesauce
2 tsps vanilla extract
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsps baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 cup poppy seeds
6 oz instant lemon pudding mix
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 – 9x5 inch loaf pans or a bunt pan.
2. In a large bowl sift together the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, cinnamon, poppy seed, and lemon pudding mix.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the Amish starter, eggs, milk, applesauce, vanilla and vegetable oil. Add to the dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Pour batter into pans.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool for about 10 minutes, and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.