½ cup shortening
4 large ripe bananas
2 cups Amish Friendship Bread Starter
½ cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 ½ tsps baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 2 – 9x5 inch loaf pans or a bunt pan
2. In a large bowl, mash together the shortening and bananas. To that mixture add the starter, eggs, milk, sugar, and chocolate chips.
3. Sift together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Fold into the banana mixture. Pour batter into pan(s).
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool for about 10 minutes, and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
The 1 cup chocolate chips can be substituted for 1 cup chopped walnuts.