2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Coating: I had a cinnamon sugar mix already on hand so I just used that.
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl sift the flower, salt and baking powder together. Add flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.
4. Shape the dough into 1 inch round balls. Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar coating and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, about two inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until they are light golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
This made about four dozen cookies for me. Take care not to leave them in too long because they get hard quick. If you take them out when just the edges are starting to turn the cookie firms up nicely keeping the center soft and chewy. Now let's see if they last me the week like I need them too!
If the dough isn't forming balls nicely, refrigerate for one hour and try again.