Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Golden Eggnog Cake

I sent out a request for new Holiday recipes via Facebook the other day and received this recipe from an old friend from high school.  I don't enjoy drinking eggnog, but I sure do recommend eating it in baked goods!

This is a mini loaf that Hubs will be bringing to work with him.
The mini cupcakes I made were delish!


Cake Ingredients:
1 box pudding added yellow cake mix
whatever additional ingredients your boxed mix calls for omitting water (mine wanted eggs and oil)
1 tsp nutmeg (not gonna lie, I totally missed this and it still tasted great)
eggnog, substituted for water according to your cake mix directions

Eggnog Glaze Ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 tsp eggnog (I used more than this, but start with this amount and add until you achieve your desired consistency)

Directions:

1. Bake your cake according to your cake mix box directions, substituting eggnog for required water and adding the nutmeg.

2. When the cake is finished and is cooling, throw the ingredients for the eggnog glaze together in a medium bowl.  Mix until well blended, adding addition eggnog until you reach your desired consistency.

I know, too simple, right?!?

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, Susie Homemaker! I'm impressed...the cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete