Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rice Crispy Bon Bons

My MIL raved about these after my SIL made them.  She told me about them when I went in search of holiday treats for "Operation Make My Neighbors Fat" aka tins of sweets for the holidays that I will be handing to my neighbors. Isn't that neighborly of me?


I must confess that I only tried one of these, but was already so stuffed to my gills from Hubby's birthday dinner that I didn't even enjoy it. I sent the rest to work with Hubs and he said they passed the taste test.  Making them was easy enough, though I do think dipping things in chocolate is a total pain in the ass.  Let me know if you try them!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups Rice Crispy Cereal

1 1/4 cups crunchy peanut butter

1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs

1/2 cup powdered sugar

12 oz white or dark chocolate

Directions

1. In a large bowl combine cereal, peanut butter, graham crumbs and powdered sugar.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.

2. Shape crumb mixture into balls, using one level tablespoon for each.

3. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate.  Dip balls and put on wax paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment