I just threw this together in the crock-pot and it smells AMAZING! I plan on serving it tonight over brown rice with a side of veggies.
2 Tbsp Olive oil
4 pork chops
2 cups onions, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
½ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1 cup brown sugar
1. Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add pork chops and brown for three minutes on each side.
3. Remove pork chops and place in slow cooker. Add onions to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic, water, ketchup, cider vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, and brown sugar. Stir until the brown sugar is dissolved. Pour sauce over pork chops.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Notes: I started a little late so I am going to cook it for the first hour or so on high and then the rest of the day on low. Ok, so this recipe made the house smell DELICIOUS! Seriously, it was fabulous. The pork was a little dry. Next time I will keep it on low, even if I am short an hour or two. The sauce was truly amazing though. We poured it over the pork chop and after we did that we didn't care that the meat was a little on the dry side. We'll definietly be making this again!