1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
4 cups sliced tart apples
8 pork chops, ½ inch thick, about 2 lb
1 packet pork coating mix (like Shake ‘n Bake)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in Ziploc bag.
3. Add apples, toss to coat.
4. Spoon into greased 13x9 baking dish.
5. Coat pork chops using the directions on the coating mix.
6. Place pork chops in a single layer over the apples.
7. Bake 35 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
When I made this, I only used four pork chops. I also used Japanese Panko bread crumbs to coat the pork chops, because that is what I had in the house. I also didn’t measure the apples. I used 5 that I already had in the house. The recipe came out delicious!! It was served with homemade mashed potatoes. Even the kids loved it!